Normally, the end of the month of Ramadan is supposed to be a day to rejoice, since it is one of the two days that are ordained by Allah to be celebrated during the year. However, this year, the festivities have been celebrated with mixed feelings.
The reason… because of what is presently going on in Jerusalem, Al-Quds, Palestine. The Zionist state is on a mission to seclude, destroy and erase anything that is Muslim or has to do with Islam. From attacking Muslim worshippers at Al-Aqsa Mosque to destroying entire neighborhood blocks with airstrikes.
This weekend was supposed to be a time to rejoice with friends and family. Yet, even with Covid still going strong, we will be demonstrating this Saturday afternoon all across the country for the following three reasons.
- To show our solidarity with our Muslim brothers and sisters in the Holy City and Palestine.
- To denounce the injustices of genocide and war crimes of the Zionist state as well as the hypocrisy of Middle-East leaders.
- To exert pressure on our elected officials who are great to sermon the world on how to conduct themselves, but prefer to wear white gloves when it comes to the subject of Israel and hide behind the false pretext that it has the right to defend itself.
So I call any and all who care about justice in this world to take to the streets in protest of what is happening in Palestine at the hands of the Zionist state.
To find out what is going on around you (in Canada) in this regard, Here’s the list of all the rallies scheduled in Canada that we know about:
- May 14 at 5pm in London ON, Car rally for Al Quds
- May 15 at 5pm in Vancouver, Nakba73: Flash Picket for Palestine
- May 15 at 6pm in Edmonton, Drive for Palestine
- May 15 at 1pm in Saskatoon, Protest for Masjid Al Aqsa/ Palestine
- May 15 at 1pm in Winnipeg, Emergency protest for Palestine
- May 15 at 5:30pm in Windsor, Nakba73: Resistance Until Liberation
- May 15 at 5pm in Kitchener-Waterloo, Nakba73 rally
- May 15 at 7pm in Toronto, Nakba 73: Ongoing Nakba, Ongoing Resistance
- May 15 at 1pm in Ottawa, Nakba 73: Resistance until Liberation
- May 15 at 11am, 1pm, & 2pm in Montreal (a series of three events in different locations)
- May 15 at 1pm in Quebec City, Rassemblement de solidarité avec la lutte palestinienne. Commémoration de la Nakba
- May 15 at 11am in Saint John NB, Solidarity Stand for Jerusalem
- May 15 at 4pm in Halifax (virtual), Nakba “Catastrophe”: 73 years of Palestinian resistance
- May 16 at 10:30am in Saint John’s NL, Rally for Palestine
- May 16 at 11:30am in Oakville, Stand in Solidarity with our Palestinian Brothers and Sisters
- May 16 at 4pm in Hamilton, All Out for Palestine